- Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
- Make the Northern Territory your office
- Permanent Full-time position
SeaLink NT is looking for a Permanent Full Time, dual-qualified Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 NC / Vessel Master under 24M NC (Master V) to join our team. This position is based in Darwin, to meet roster requirements the successful candidate will have to be based locally or be willing to relocate to Darwin.
Do you have a background in the tourism/ transport industry?
Do you hold MED II and Master qualifications?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
Kelsian Group, formerly SeaLink Travel Group, is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism, and public transport service provider with established international operations in Singapore and the UK.
With around 9000 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries, and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers per year.
Based in Darwin and operating across various locations in the Top End, with over 35 staff, as a part of Kelsian Group, SeaLink NT is a fast-growing business and a prominent ferry and tour operator in the region, operating daily 13 daily ferry services to Mandorah, 3 ferry services a week to the Tiwi Islands and daily ferry and bus services in the Groote Eylandt region.
- Able to perform under pressure
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to passengers from a variety of backgrounds, and provide assistance
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethics and 'Can Do' Attitude
- Able to work flexible hours
- Be well presented at all times
These attributes will be complemented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Marine Engine Driver grade II NC and Vessel Master class 5 qualifications
- Experience with high-speed catamarans
- Solid mechanical background with Caterpillar engine experience
- Knowledge of safety and maritime obligations
- Senior First Aid and Resuscitation Qualification
- Drivers Licence
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- Ochre card
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience in the tourism industry
About the role
The successful candidate will be rostered on Engineering shifts as well as Vessel Master shifts. Both roles play a pivotal role in the day-to-day safe and efficient operation of our vessels and their crew. The engineering role is responsible for all mechanical and electrical equipment, as well as pre-starts, shutdowns, handovers, and daily maintenance. The Vessel Master is responsible for navigation, crew leaderships, safety drills, and management systems as well as reporting requirements. Clear communication, physical fitness, and the ability to follow instructions and safety guidelines are paramount in both roles.
Working in close conjunction with all crew, duties will include:
- Safe vessel navigation
- Re-fuelling of the vessel in a safe manner
- Daily checks, maintenance, and reporting
- Conducting drills and maintaining knowledge of the Vessel’s Safety Management Systems
- Leadership and mentoring of crew
- Assist with the safe, efficient, and timely boarding and disembarkation of all passengers.
- Assist with cleaning duties at the end of shift
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications will close by 5.00 PM on 22 September 2023.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.