About Transit Systems NSW
In partnership with Government, Transit Systems NSW innovates, designs and delivers public transport solutions that attract passengers because they are easy to use, reliable, convenient and safe. To ensure ease of use, we deliver integrated bus services and transport networks, intelligently easing road congestion and increasing a city’s sustainability and liveability. Transit Systems NSW is part of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in the United Kingdom, Singapore and United States of America. With around 11,000 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 3,991 buses, 113 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 257 million customers with where they need to be and want to go.
About the Role
Reporting to the National Workers Compensation Manager, the Workers Compensation Claims Manager will work closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the management of the Self-Insurance program for Transit Systems NSW.
The successful candidate will work closely with employees, leaders, and a host of team members within the business to provide a customer focussed, high quality claims and return to work service that is focussed on the recovery and return to work of our employees. The relationships you build will support and facilitate the outcomes you are able to achieve. The main focus of the role will support the management of workers compensation claims for our employees – as well as generating initiatives and actions to build on the health and wellbeing of our employees.
This permanent full-time role will be based in Sydney at our Leichhardt Depot and provides support to both business divisions in NSW.
For more information about Transit Systems, please visit our website
- Management of a portfolio of Workers Compensation claims
- Manage Self-Insurance Program to meet regulator requirements
- Work with a dedicated HSEQ Team to support our employees
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage a portfolio of Workers Compensation Claims
- Experience working with NSW Workers Compensation Legislation
- Prior experience working in a Self-Insurance Program in NSW – familiar with regulator reporting requirements
- Experience working in a business partnering model
- Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
- Work in a supportive environment with ongoing training and development
- Employee benefits including travel discounts as part of the Kelsian Group
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm, Friday 29 September 2023
If you require further information relating to this role, please contact the National Workers Compensation Manager, Luke O’Dea on 0409 493 379.
Kelsian Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.