Do you have a background in the tourism/transport industry?
Do you hold an ESS certificate?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink NT operates out of Darwin and is proudly Australian-owned and operated. With 3 vessels and over 25 staff SeaLink NT is a fast-growing business and a prominent ferry and tour operator in the region, operating daily 13 daily services to Mandorah and 3 services a week to the Tiwi Islands.
- Able to perform under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to passengers from a variety of backgrounds, and provide assistance
- Strong work ethics and 'Can Do' Attitude
- You are safety-minded and able to follow company instructions
- Be well presented at all times
These attributes will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- You hold or are willing to obtain an Elements of Shipboard Safety Certificate
- You hold or are willing to obtain Advanced First Aid and Resuscitation qualifications
- Proven track record of customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
About the role
The Deckhand role requires a high level of interaction with customers. As the face of the company, this role is responsible for assisting with vessel operations while providing customer service to the passengers on board. This is a hands-on position, assisting passengers, fulfilling deckhand, and cleaning duties.
To ensure safe and efficient vessel operations, clear communication, physical fitness, and the ability to follow instructions and safety guidelines are paramount in this role.
Working in close conjunction with the Vessel Master, duties will include:
- Deck duties, including rope work.
- Ticket sales.
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service at all times.
- Assist with the safe, efficient, and timely boarding and disembarkation of all passengers.
- Assist passengers where necessary with their luggage.
- Perform cleaning duties.
- Attend to passenger comfort and safety.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
How to Register
Click "INTERESTED" and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
Kelsian Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.