SeaLink NT welcomes applications for a casual bus driver position on Groote Eylandt.
SeaLink has a small committed team based on Groote Eylandt which provides a safe and reliable transport link for the Groote Eylandt and Bickerton Island communities. We are currently expanding our operation from ferry services to bus services.
The successful candidate will be based on Groote Eylandt or is willing to relocate, it is not a fly-in&fly-out position.
The ordinary working hours will be Monday to Friday and will vary between morning and afternoon/ evening shifts.
- High level of punctuality
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to passengers from a variety of backgrounds, and provide assistance
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethics and 'Can Do' Attitude
- Be well presented at all times
- Ability to work autonomously
These attributes will be complimented by experience, skills, and qualifications in the following areas:
- Light Rigid Northern Territory driver's license with H endorsement (involving police check and medical)
- Senior First Aid and Resuscitation Qualification
- Ochre card
- Own transport
- Ability to drive within Company and Traffic Authority Regulations.
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
About the role
The primary function of the bus driver is to effectively and safely operate all company passenger vehicles and to provide professional customer service to the passengers on board.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- The re-fuelling of buses in a safe manner
- Carry out daily vehicle inspections
- Sell bus tickets and handle cash
- Complete daily logs and reports
- Cleaning duties
- Assist passengers with queries and boarding where required
Prior passenger transport experience is highly valued but not essential to the role.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5 pm on 2 October 2022
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organization, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.