- Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
- ASX 200 Listed with 9,000+ employees globally
- Secure and ongoing hours with flexible roster options
Kingfisher Bay Resort is a 4 star eco resort, nestled along the western bay of K’gari (Fraser Island) and the the winner of TripAdvisor’s 2022 Traveller’s Choice Award.
As K'gari's premiere eco accommodation, this sustainably-built, integrated resort offers hotel, villa and house accommodation for up to approximately 1000 guests.
About the opportunity
Bring your hands-on approach and experience in supervising others to our team of motivated Housekeepers. You'll be the go-to Supervisor on shift to provide guidance, training and oversight of the daily checklist; ensuring guests receive consistent quality service.
Reporting directly to the Executive Housekeeper, you'll already have an understanding of motel/hotel operations and be able to support with the management and administration of the department.
This is a permanent part-time opportunity working up to 38 hours across a broad rostering system over 7 days. There's also flexibility to work 10 days on and 4 days off.
The ideal candidate will be living local, as there is a daily commute to-and-from the island (approx. 45 mins each way) via the barge departing at River Heads, with the occasional overnight stay.
In your free time
- Explore majestic rainforest canopies, ancient sand blows, and crystal clear freshwater inland lakes.
- Book a segway, kayaking or eco-marine tour and spot turtles, dolphins and whales during season.
- Go 4WD'ing along the famous 75-mile beach and enjoy the coast's prime fishing locations.
- Build lifelong connections with fun and likeminded colleagues from around the world.
The benefits - conditions apply
- $1000 Annual SeaLink employee travel allowance
- Worldwide Heartist Bienvenue benefits
- 25% off resort dining, retail and spa
- Free Island 4WD bus tours
- Free ferry transfers to-and-from the island
- Access to the Sandbar pool and staff gym
- Natural leader and solution-focused attitude
- Ability to effectively train and motivate staff
- Committed to providing brilliant customer experiences
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system including occasional weekends
- Strong time management skills
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- A valid manual licence – not essential but will be highly regarded
- Previous hotel or resort housekeeping experience
- Experience in staff supervision and training
“All final applicants for this position will be required to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position, as each application will be considered on its merits.”
How to Apply
Click Apply to complete your application and upload a current resume
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted immediately.
Please note this closing date is indicative only. We may close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.