Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Offering brilliant employee benefits and team culture
SeaLink NT is looking for a Casual Qualified Vessel Master under 24m to join our team. This position is based in Darwin, to meet roster requirements the successful candidate will have to be based locally in Darwin.
Do you have a background in the tourism/ transport industry?
Do you hold a Master V qualification?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
About the Role
The successful candidate will be rostered on Vessel Master shifts. The Vessel Masters will play a pivotal role in the day-to-day safe and efficient operation of our vessels and their crew. The Vessel Master is responsible for navigation, crew leadership, safety drills, and management systems as well as reporting requirements. Clear communication, physical fitness, and the ability to follow instructions and safety guidelines are paramount in the role.
Working in close conjunction with all crew, duties will include:
- Safe vessel navigation
- Re-fuelling of the vessel in a safe manner
- Daily checks, maintenance, and reporting
- Conducting drills and maintaining knowledge of the Vessel’s Safety Management Systems
- Leadership and mentoring of crew
- Assist with the safe, efficient, and timely boarding and disembarkation of all passengers.
- Assist with cleaning duties at the end of the shift
SeaLink NT operates out of Darwin and is proudly Australian-owned and operated. With 4 vessels and over 25 staff SeaLink NT is a fast-growing business and a prominent ferry and tour operator in the region, operating daily 13 daily services to Mandorah and 3 services a week to the Tiwi Islands, it also runs a separate operation from Groote Eylandt.
SeaLink Marine & Tourism is part of the Kelsian Group, Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism, and public transport service provider with established international operations in Singapore and the UK. An Australian publicly listed company with around 9000 employees, the Kelsian Group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries, and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers per year. For more information visit www.kelsian.com.
- Able to perform under pressure
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to passengers from a variety of backgrounds, and provide assistance
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethics and Can Do Attitude
- Able to work flexible hours
- Be well presented at all times
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Vessel Master class 5 qualifications - Essential
- With Marine Engine Driver grade II NC - Desirable
- Experience with high-speed catamarans
- Solid mechanical background with Caterpillar engine experience
- Knowledge of safety and maritime obligations
- Senior First Aid and Resuscitation Qualification
- Drivers Licence
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- Ochre card
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience in the tourism industry
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5 pm on 2 October 2022
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.