Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
ASX 200 listed with 9,000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be! Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, Fraser Island boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences for guests from all corners of the world.
About the Role
We are in search for a People & Culture Administrator to join our Performance & Culture Team.
The People & Culture Administrator role is focussed on providing support to the People and Culture Manager and team members in relation to all aspects of the administration for the People & Culture Department.
This position may be suited to a graduate.
Other Key Responsibilities
- Undertake administrative responsibilities for the recruitment process including candidate follow up, maintaining onboarding information, reference checks, follow ups, spreadsheet update and keeping the database maintained
- Preparing all documents and materials for the induction process
- Maintenance of personnel files
- Maintaining the filing systems for the department
- Assist with inductions for new team members, including preparation of documents and materials
- New employee set up in the payroll database
- Maintaining the payroll database
- Assisting with the preparation of regular and adhoc reporting
- Conducting staff village inspections
- Processing of meal and recoverable deductions.
- Liaising with Employment Agencies for confirmations of employment.
- Assisting with People and Culture when required.
- Assisting team members with general People and Culture enquiries
- Any other duties as instructed by the Group Manager People and Culture.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in People and Culture, or comparable administrative role preferably within a Hospitality/Tourism environment
- Proven experience working within a fast-paced environment that is subject to regular change
- Excellent organisational skills to deliver outcomes within identified timeframes
- High level of computer literacy
- High level of communication skills with the ability to deal effectively with a broad range of people
- A valid Police Clearance (within 6 months or less), or the ability to obtain one for work
- An engaging personality with the ability to motivate and influence others
- Ability to think strategically whilst being equally comfortable working in a hands-on environment
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure deliverables are achieved
- Possess a strong work ethic
- A passion to drive and foster a culture of continuous quality improvement
- Capable of providing people focused P&C support that ensures the delivery of business objectives
- Ability to uphold confidentiality and discretion at all times
In line with Queensland Government's mandated requirements for Covid vaccinations, effective 17 December 2021, successful candidates will need to provide evidence of being double vaccinated.
How to Apply
Click APPLY to complete an application including providing resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm on 7 February 2022
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.