SeaLink QLD is looking for individuals who have a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join their crew!
Have a background in the tourism/ transport industry?
Experienced in customer service?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to register your interest!
SeaLink Queensland operates out of Townsville, North Queensland, and is proudly Australian-owned and operated. With 4 vessels and over 70 staff SeaLink QLD is one of the most significant transport and tour operators in the region, operating daily 18 daily services to beautiful Magnetic Island and 5 services a week to Palm Island.
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to passengers from a variety of backgrounds, and provide assistance
- Have attention to detail with regard to cleaning tasks and paperwork
- Strong work ethics and 'Can Do' Attitude
- Able to work flexible hours
- Be well presented at all times
These attributes will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Elements of Ship Board Safety qualification - Essential
- Senior First Aid and Resuscitation Qualification - Essential
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate - Essential
- Drivers Licence - Essential
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience in the tourism industry
About the role
This position will be an integral part of the SeaLink North Queensland Marine Operations team. As the face of SeaLink QLD, it is the Cruise Attendant/Deckhand’s responsibility to provide excellent customer service with a smile – meeting and greeting passengers as they board, assisting customers with any luggage or queries, selling ferry tickets, beverages, and other products including tours products onboard the vessel.
As part of the customer service responsibility, Cruise Attendant/Deckhand’s will be required to perform the role of a “Tourism Guide” on our Magnetic Island. Palm Island and North Queensland Adventure Series Tours involving the promotion of nature, tourism, and other SeaLink products.
This role includes working as part of a team, whilst maintaining excellence in vessel safety and reliability at all times.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with a high level of organization are essential to this role. It is also a requirement to have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This role requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, and multi-skilling, and time management.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.