This is an opportunity to join Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism, and public transport service provider in a key leadership role.
Based in Darwin, the Maintenance Manager reports to the General Manager and is responsible for maintaining vessels, buses, and other company assets across a number of locations including Darwin, Tiwi Islands, and Groote Eylandt.
Kelsian Group, formerly SeaLink Travel Group, is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism, and public transport service provider with established international operations in Singapore and the UK.
With around 9000 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries, and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers per year.
Based in Darwin and operating across various locations in the Top End, with over 35 staff, SeaLink NT is a fast-growing business and a prominent ferry and tour operator in the region, operating daily 13 daily ferry services to Mandorah, 3 ferry services a week to the Tiwi Islands and daily ferry and bus services in the Groote Eylandt region.
- Management and leadership experience
- Ability to mentor, coach, and motivate others
- Finance and business acumen including budget development and reporting
- Ability to work with and accept change
- Rapport and relationship building
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The initiative, systematic reasoning, achiever, and self-driven
- Organizational and planning skills
- Computer literacy
- Conflict resolution skills
- Continuous improvement focus
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Minimum 2 years maintenance planning and budgeting experience
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with marine vessel machinery, especially marine diesel engines
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation
- Advanced knowledge of diesel fitting and turning
- Sound knowledge of hydraulic, electrical, and air conditioning systems
- Marine Engineer Driver 1 or above
- Trade Qualification in Mechanical or Electrical
- MEX User Certificate
- Restricted Electrical license
- Working within confined spaces ticket
- Forklift ticket
- White Card
- Senior First Aid/Advanced Resuscitation
- Minimum MR Driver’s License (essential)
About the role
A key leadership position of SeaLink NT, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for developing and executing preventative maintenance schedules, supporting staff to troubleshoot, diagnose and rectify engineering issues throughout the NT operations.
The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for maintaining vessels, vehicles, equipment, and company assets to the highest standard for a safe and efficient operation.
Working as part of a small management team, the Maintenance Manager will play a strong role in supporting company values and team morale, as well as supporting the achievement of company strategic goals.
Applications will close by 5.00 PM on Friday 24th December 2021.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the criteria.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organization, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.