K'gari Explorer Tours - Hervey Bay Qld
Permanent Part-Time - $27.94 per hour
Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
ASX 200 Listed with 9,000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
About the Role
K'gari Tours, an award winning team based from Hervey Bay are looking for...
FUN, ENERGETIC and PASSIONATE Tour Guides
with occasional requirement to overnight on K'gari (Fraser Island) while providing our tour guests with an off-road adventure of our World Heritage Listed paradise in our own custom built and modern 4WD buses on the world's largest sand island.
Some Benefits for our Tour Guides:
- No cooking
- No cleaning
- No camping/tent setups
- Resort accommodation when on tour
- Food included when on tour
- Year-round work
- Permanent Part-time position
- Free Island Tours(conditions apply)
- 25%off in all outlets (conditions apply)
- Discounts for Hotel stays (conditions apply)
- Access to Employee Training Programs
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Travel Discounts
- Employee Award Programs
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Monthly departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to celebrate our achievements and get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
Key Role Requirements
- A sense of humour and an engaging personality
- A passion for guiding and for K'gari (Fraser Island) and its surrounds
- An appreciation for the natural environment, and its wildlife
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Be confident and a great public speaker and communicator
- Great people management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adhere to procedures and policies
- Ability to work as part of a Team
- Ability to work in varied weather conditions
- Current Senior First Aid Certificate or have ability to obtain
- Actively support and demonstrate SeaLink’s company vision, C.O.M.P.A.S.S. values and strategic goals.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- The ability to travel to and from the island daily for work, with occasional overnight stays required for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day working week
- Previous guiding experience – essential for the role
- Previous driving (guiding) experience not essential, but will need to have the ability and willingness to learn
- Hold a current MR driver's license, or have the ability to obtain one
- Hold a current QLD Transport Driver Authorisation, or have the ability to obtain one
- Any previous Tourism qualifications will be highly regarded, but are not essential
Just a few of the many sights you will be visiting and exploring each day include Lake McKenzie, Lake Wabby, Central Station, 75-Mile Beach, The Maheno Shipwreck, The Coloured Sands, Eli Creek, Indian Heads and Champagne Pools.
No two days are ever the same!
For more information on our services: visit https://www.kgariexplorertours.com.au
“All final applicants for this position will be required to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position, as each application will be considered on its merits.”
How to Apply
Click APPLY and you will be provided with a range of questions to help us learn more about you.
Applications close by 5pm on 26 May 2022.
Please note this closing date is indicative only. We may close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
SeaLink - K'gari (Fraser Island) … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km.
Working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, K'gari boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.