- Join an award winning Tourism and Transport Company
- Travel benefits
- Opportunity for career progression
Join a ASX200 award winning tourism and transport company and join a great supportive team.
With around 10,000 employees, the Kelsian Group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 5,000 buses, 120 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers per year.
About the role
The General Hand will be required to work as part of a team, whilst maintaining excellence in safety, reliability and customer service at all times. Interpersonal and effective communication skills are essential to this position.
The General Hand will be expected to meet and exceed key performance indicators, whilst displaying a high level of work ethics. This position requires energy, commitment, initiative, self-motivation, responsibility and teamwork.
The General Hands primary functions are;
- The safe mooring and securing of the vessel, as directed by the crew.
- Assuring safety of passengers boarding and disembarking the vessel, entering or leaving the passenger terminal including electric wheel chair assistance to and from the vessel.
- Assisting Ferry Crews, Operational staff and Check in staff to facilitate the smooth operation of the check in process and transfer of vessel stores, passengers and vehicles to and from ferries.
- General maintenance and cleaning of the passenger terminal and wharf area
You will need strong work ethics, be reliable, flexible, be a strong team player and have excellent attention to detail. A strong ability to communicate with operational team members and passengers is essential.
You will need exceptional interpersonal and organisational skills which is essential for this role. It is also a requirement to have a suitable level of fitness to cope with the physical demands of the role.
Key essential requirements:
- “Can do” attitude
- Use initiative to problem solve and be self-motivated
- Systematic reasoning
- General maintenance / labourer abilities
- Manual handling of vessels ropes and stores
- Physically fit
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Drivers License - Essential
- Provide First Aid – Essential (with updated CPR)
- Fork Lift License – Desirable
- Past Trade experience - Desirable
- Experience in providing Customer Service – Essential
- Previous experience in stock control processes – Desirable
We are requesting a resume and cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position and please pay close attention to the questions.
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
SeaLink SA is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.