Sealink K'gari - Kingfisher Bay Resort
Permanent Full-Time - $65,000 per annum
Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
ASX 200 Listed with 9,000+ employees globally
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
About the Role
We are searching for an experienced Resort Front Office Duty Manager to join our Kingfisher Bay Resort team.
The successful applicant is responsible for managing the Front Office Team and daily procedures, reporting to the Front Office Manager, and Rooms Division Manager.
This is a live on island role and involves moving into the Staff Village, located within a 10 minute walk of the Resort and Barge, and sharing the Village facilities with between 80-100 like-minded team members.
- Free Island Tours (conditions apply)
- 25% off in all outlets (conditions apply)
- Discounts for Hotel stays (conditions apply)
- Access to Employee Training Programs
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Travel Discounts
- Employee Award Programs
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Monthly departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to celebrate our achievements and get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
A few live on island perks for team members…
- $100 per fortnight living expenses (including 3 meals per day)
- Free 24 hour staff gym facilities
- Free walk on Ferry transfers to and from the island for all team members.
- 10 minute walk to the Sunset Bar and beach
- Access to the Sandbar Resort pool all year round
Key Role Requirements
- Proven staff management, rostering, providing ongoing support and training to your team, and ability to conduct monthly team member appraisal reports to Management
- Ensuring efficient arrival and departure of all guests, while maintaining a consistent level of exceptional guest service
- Ensuring the smooth running of each shift, across all aspects of the hotel, and not just the Front Office operations – ability to effectively communicate between other resort departments
- Management of the daily resort log
- Ensuring efficient front office operations, through maintaining budgets and controls of financial reports
- Ensuring all guest enquiries are dealt with professionally and in a timely manner
- Take responsibility for all emergency procedures including Workplace Health and Safety, along with other company policies and procedures while on shift
- Actively support and demonstrate SeaLink’s company vision, C.O.M.P.A.S.S. values and strategic goals
- The ability to relocate into the Staff Village on K'gari (Fraser Island) for work
- The ability to work across a broad rostering system, over a 7 day, 24 hour working week
- The ability to visit the island to meet with Management, should your application be shortlisted
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Extraordinarily high level of customer service and work ethic
- Immaculate grooming and presentation
- Have a professional outlook in the workplace and show an invested interest in the hustle and bustle of the Hospitality industry
- Take pride in your customer service abilities to ensure our guests’ experience on island is one to remember! Offering guests a professional level of service in a relaxed and friendly environment
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Exceptional time management skills
- Demonstrated Front Office Management experience in a large Hotel or Resort based environment
- Knowledge of property management systems and financial accounting systems
- Demonstrate people management skills and an understanding of cultural diversity within the workplace
- Demonstrated experience in daily cashiering procedures, reconciliation and accounts management
“All final applicants for this position will be required to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position, as each application will be considered on its merits.”
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm 28 May 2022
Please note this closing date is indicative only. We may close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
K'gari (Fraser Island) … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, K'gari boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.