Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
RiverCity Ferries is looking for an experienced and professional individual with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join the team.
Do you have a background in the tourism, and business industry?
Qualifications in Maintenance Management?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
RiverCity Ferries is a subsidiary of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore. With around 9,500 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 116 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles at the end of December 2021, carrying more than 222 million customers during 2021 where they need to be and want to go.
RiverCity Ferries has recently been awarded the contract to operate and maintain the Brisbane City Council's Ferry fleet and associated infrastructure on the Brisbane River. The network is over 20km long, operating 30 vessels and associated terminals, including a maintenance and operations facility at Rivergate. The network moves in excess of 5 million passengers a year.
- Agree to act within the requirements of RCF’s policies and applicable legislation.
- Abide by RCF’s safety policies, procedures and safety instructions.
- Abide by RCF’s environmental policies, procedures and report all instances of environmental harm.
- Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with non-trades, skilled trades, suppliers, and management personnel.
- A strong customer focus and desire to resolve customer issues.
- Continual improvements focus and promotes high work standards.
- Strong focused organisational skills.
- Self-motivated to learn and apply best practice principles.
- A self-starter, able to work autonomously or within a team.
- Able to present questions, answers, or information in a concise and clear manner.
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Possession of open Drivers Licence (Essential)
- Formal Maintenance Planning qualification
- First aid certificate
- Post trade/tertiary qualifications in maintenance management.
- Demonstrated 2 years’ experience in maintenance planning, scheduling, and maintenance works management in the marine vessel field or Demonstrated 5 years’ experience in maintenance planning, scheduling, and maintenance works management in any trade / engineering field. (Essential)
- Experience with MEX
- Cost management and budgeting experience.
- Project management experience.
- Contract management experience
- Experience with water industry utility/infrastructure.
- Marine experience
- Effective knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems (Ellipse, SAP, Maximo etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Internet Explorer / Google Chrome / MS Edge.
- Able to interpret Engineering drawings, OEM manuals, and standards.
- Perform a simple cost analysis to confirm resource/materials estimates.
- Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of SQL.
About the role
The RiverCity Ferries Maintenance Planner is a key position of RiverCity Ferries. Reporting to the Asset Manager, the Maintenance Planner is responsible for managing maintenance planning of the vessels and infrastructure and for the development of the annual maintenance plan.
The Maintenance Planner is primarily responsible for assisting in asset maintenance and renewals management. Their key task is to develop both short and long term maintenance plans for the maintenance teams in collaboration with Superintendents, Operations Supervisors. They are responsible for ensuring resourcing, assets, and parts are arranged to allow the team to meet its service delivery and budgetary expectations to our client/customers. The Maintenance Planner will also involve a scheduling component, in addition to the Planning function. Performs a variety of maintenance planning and scheduling tasks. Prepares reports for management. Tracks and monitor costs and identifies variance to the budgeted cost plan. Runs meetings with operations and maintenance weekly for planning/reviews and client requirements. Identifies safety, communication and permits required for all planned tasks.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Please provide your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 29 April 2022.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.