Do you have a background in the tourism/transport industry?
Do you hold an ESS certificate?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 285 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,840 employees operating more than 3,500 buses and 118 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London, and Singapore.
SeaLink was founded in 1989 in Adelaide providing transport and ferry services between the mainland and Kangaroo Island. Today, we are a leading Australian marine, tourism, and public transport provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
SeaLink NT operates out of Darwin and is proudly Australian-owned and operated. With 3 vessels and over 25 staff SeaLink NT is a fast-growing business and a prominent ferry and tour operator in the region, operating daily 13 daily services to Mandorah and 3 services a week to the Tiwi Islands.
- Able to perform under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to passengers from a variety of backgrounds, and provide assistance
- Strong work ethics and 'Can Do' Attitude
- You are safety-minded and able to follow company instructions
- Be well presented at all times
These attributes will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- You hold or are willing to obtain an Elements of Shipboard Safety Certificate
- You hold or are willing to obtain Advanced First Aid and Resuscitation qualifications
- Proven track record of customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
About the role
The Deckhand role requires a high level of interaction with customers. As the face of the company, this role is responsible for assisting with vessel operations while providing customer service to the passengers on board. This is a hands-on position, assisting passengers, fulfilling deckhand, and cleaning duties.
To ensure safe and efficient vessel operations, clear communication, physical fitness, and the ability to follow instructions and safety guidelines are paramount in this role.
Working in close conjunction with the Vessel Master, duties will include:
- Deck duties, including rope work.
- Ticket sales.
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service at all times.
- Assist with the safe, efficient, and timely boarding and disembarkation of all passengers.
- Assist passengers where necessary with their luggage.
- Perform cleaning duties.
- Attend to passenger comfort and safety.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Applications close on 28th January 2022. Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encouraging applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.