Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
RiverCity Ferries is looking for bright and energetic individual with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join our team.
Do you have a background in the tourism or transport industry?
Looking for an exciting new opportunity?
We encourage you to apply!
RiverCity Ferries is a subsidiary of SeaLink Travel Group, Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
Carrying more than 360 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,700 employees operating more than 3,400 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
RiverCity Ferries is contracted to operate and maintain the Brisbane City Council’s Ferry fleet and associated infrastructure on the Brisbane River. The network is over 20km long operating 30 vessels and associated terminals, including a maintenance and operations facility at Rivergate. The network moves in excess of 5 million passengers a year
About the Role
Based in Brisbane and reporting to the Asset Manager this role provides a range of administration and support services to meet the needs of the office and broader organisation, this will include Data entry, stores ordering, and some sub-contractor liaison. To be effective, the Administration Officer must work collaboratively with all staff particularly the Planner, Superintendents, Supervisors and Asset Manager.
To be successful as an Administrative Officer, you should display good phone etiquette and a thorough understanding of office management procedures.
Role responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Providing timely and accurate administrative support to the maintenance department, being the point of contractors and suppliers
- Inputting weekly payroll data
- Coordinating uniform requirements
- Employee record keeping and scheduling training
- Scheduling meetings and booking conference rooms
- Participating in Toolbox and prestart meetings, record and draft minutes
- Document management
- Other office tasks, as required.
- Customer service focus
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Numerical ability and data entry skills
- Experience in a similar all-round administrative role
- Advanced Microsoft office skills including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels and demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Certificate III Business Administration or similar is desirable
- Experience with maintenance management software would be desirable.
- Drivers license
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
We would love to see your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 23rd September 2022
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people