Join an award winning tourism and transport company
We require an experienced diesel mechanic
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 78 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
About the role
The primary function of the Coach Maintenance Mechanic is to provide effective routine and breakdown maintenance on all SeaLink vehicles to the highest standards and in accordance with all statutory requirements.
The role requires supervision and control of all workshop activity, maintenance of vehicle and stock records and preparation of vehicle reports.
You will be required to meet or exceed key performance indicators whilst displaying very high levels of work ethic, commitment, and professionalism.
The position can be either permanent part time or full time and will require you to be available 7 days a week for breakdown call out on a rostered standby basis.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Broad mechanical skills with emphasis on coach maintenance
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Practical Initiative and problems solving skills
- Ability to recognize and accept change
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Formal diesel mechanic qualification - Desirable
- Sound verbal and written communication skills - Essential
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel - Essential
- Previous experience working on diesel vehicles, coaches preferred - Essential
- Previous experience in the supervision of a mechanical workshop - Desirable
- An understanding of the passenger transport, tourism or hospitality industries - Highly desirable
Success in this role requires commitment, careful planning, initiative, problem solving and decision making, team work, multi-skilling, time management and supervisory skills.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We also support applications from interested people living on the mainland to apply. Please include in your covering letter if you would be willing to relocate to Kangaroo Island and when. SeaLink may provide options for accommodation if required.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Don't delay! Applications close 5pm on Friday 27 May 2022 or sooner if a suitable applicant is found.
SeaLink Marine and Tourism is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com