Join an award-winning Tourism and Transport company
Cruise the beautiful Murray River
ASX200 global company
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
About the Role
This position is an integral part of Captain Cook Cruises and is part of the Kelsian Group. The Master's primary function is to ensure the safe and efficient operation and navigation of the PS Murray Princess, ensuring the vessel maintains compliance with all relevant laws ad company policies.
With exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, supported with excellence in compliance, safety, reliability and guest service, will ensure a positive onboard experience for both our passenger guests and crew.
It is also a requirement to have a suitable level of fitness to cope with any of the physical demands of any onboard duties pertaining to decks, navigation and tender vessel operation.
You will need to lead by example and have excellent verbal and written communication skills .
This role requires leadership, energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, multi-skilling and time management.
The permanent full time roster is: 14.5 days on / 13.5 days off.
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included.
- Vessel handling
- Experience and excellence in leading and managing people
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Organisation and planning abilities
- Ability to effectively delegate
- Flexibility and reliability
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Manage complex and difficult situations
- Build strong relationships across a wide variety of people
- Proven reporting and accountability abilities
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Elements of Shipboard Safety
- Senior First Aid
- Master Inland Waters with greater than 80m endorsement (Master Class 4 – RMIW) or higher level Certificate of Competency
- Driver’s Licence
- Confined Spaces qualification
- Working at Heights qualification
- Experience in working in a fast paced team to reach goals
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience in liaising with suppliers and contractors
- Excellent navigational and vessel handling skills
- Sound knowledge of Safety Management Systems
- Sound knowledge of SA Work Health & Safety Requirements
- Experience in Tourism Industry
- Certificate in Frontline Management or equivalent
How to Apply
Click APPLY and attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable person for this role.
Applications close by 5pm Monday 20 December 2021
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.