About the Role
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our culinary team at K'gari Beach Resort as a Trade Qualified Commis or Demi Chef. Located on K'gari's east coast, our resort boasts an unbeatable beachfront location and provides an unforgettable experience for our guests. As a Commis/Demi Chef, you will play a key role in ensuring the smooth and efficient running of our kitchen operations. You will be responsible for preparing and presenting high-quality dishes that are in line with the resort's standards, whilst working collaboratively with the rest of the kitchen team.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual with a passion for cooking and a drive to exceed expectations. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic team player, committed to delivering exceptional service and contributing to the overall success of our resort. This role requires live-on-island team members, where you will move into the Staff Village.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent higher education (required)
- Minimum 2-years in a commis/demi chef role (preferred)
- The ability to work across a broad 14-day rostering system
- Advanced communication and organisational skills
- Efficient and effective time management skills
- Demonstrated experience in a high-volume kitchen environment
- Only $145 weekly living expenses (private accommodation + meals)
- $1000 Annual SeaLink Employee Travel Allowance
- 25% off resort dining, retail, and spa
- Free Island 4WD bus tours
- Free ferry transfers to and from the island
- Access to the resort pool and staff gym
How to Apply
Click APPLY and upload a copy of your resume attached cover letter.
SeaLink Marine & Tourism is a world-class and Australian-owned operator, part of Kelsian Group Limited - an ASX200-listed international transport and tourism service provider in Australia, Singapore and London. Incorporating Kingfisher Bay Resort, K’gari Beach Resort, K’gari Explorer Tours and SeaLink K’gari on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island, we deliver brilliant experiences to our domestic and international guests.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
SeaLink K'gari (Fraser Island), is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!