Join an award winning Tourism and Transport company
Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum
is provided if required
All meals and accommodation when rostered
on duty are provided
Have a background in the Tourism / Transport / Marine industry?
Hold a Coxswain Grade 1 or equivalent?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
About the role
The Bosun is an integral part of safe operations of the Murray Princess. The primary function of this role is maintaining high quality guest service, maintenance of vessel presentation, ropes, paintwork and stores, and assisting with passenger and deck loading operations.
The Bosun is a dynamic, hands-on role. Responsibilities include the provision of guest services and duties relevant to the vessels' operations. This includes but is not limited to, moorings and departures, going through locks or docking, and performing general cleaning and maintenance duties throughout the vessel including decks, breezeways, toilets, lounges, onshore facilities and storage and engine spaces.
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included.
The current roster rotation for this position is 14.5 days on, 13.5 days off, 14.5 days on, 6.5 days off.
This position requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, ability to multi-skill, time management, and a passion for exceptional customer service.
- Proven strong guest / customer service skills
- Vessel or general maintenance experience
- Proven reporting and accountability skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform autonomously
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Flexibility and reliability
- Interpersonal and relationship building abilities
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Coxswains Grade 1 or equivalent - Essential
- Drivers licence - Essential
- Experience in working in a fast paced team to reach goals - Essential
- Senior First Aid - Essential
- Responsible Service of Alcohol - Desirable
- Food Safety Certificate - Desirable
- Confined spaces qualification - Desirable
- Working at heights qualification - Desirable
- Elements of Shipboard Safety - Desirable
- Experience in the Tourism, Hospitality, Transport or Marine industry - Desirable
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
SeaLink Travel Group is a publicly listed multi-modal transport and tourism operator, delivering world-class customer services and brilliant Australian holiday experiences.
Carrying more than 350 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,000 employees operating more than 3,200 buses and 80 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Please fill in as much information of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close by 5pm Friday 31 December 2021
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.