Join an award winning Tourism and Transport company
Grow your career and learn new skills
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
About the role
The Deck Hand (Coxswain) is an integral part of safe operations of the Murray Princess. The primary function of this role is maintaining high quality guest service, maintenance of vessel presentation, ropes, paintwork and stores, and assisting with passenger and deck loading operations.
The Deck Hand (Coxswain) is a dynamic, hands-on role. Responsibilities include the provision of guest services and duties relevant to the vessels' operations. This includes but is not limited to, moorings and departures, going through locks or docking, and performing general cleaning and maintenance duties throughout the vessel including decks, breezeways, toilets, lounges, onshore facilities and storage and engine spaces.
This position toggles with hospitality duties when guest numbers are high and as an alternative in providing extra work.
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included.
This position requires energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, ability to multi-skill, time management, and a passion for exceptional customer service. Work either 3, 4 or 7 day cruises.
- Proven strong guest / customer service skills
- Vessel or general maintenance experience
- Proven reporting and accountability skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform autonomously
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Flexibility and reliability
- Interpersonal and relationship building abilities
These key requirements will be complimented by experience and skills in the following areas:
- Coxswains Grade 1 or equivalent - Essential
- Drivers licence - Essential
- Experience in working in a fast paced team to reach goals - Essential
- Senior First Aid - Essential
- Responsible Service of Alcohol - Desirable
- Food Safety Certificate - Desirable
- Confined spaces qualification - Desirable
- Working at heights qualification - Desirable
- Elements of Shipboard Safety - Desirable
- Experience in the Tourism, Hospitality, Transport or Marine industry - Desirable
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
Please fill in as much information of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 30 September 2022.
Murray Princess is part of SeaLink Marine & Tourism. SeaLink Marine and Tourism is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
With around 9000 employees, the Kelsian Group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers per year.