Join an award winning tourism and transport company
ASX200 Global Company
Training and Development opportunities to progress to Master
The PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the Southern Hemisphere. Accommodating a maximum of 120 guests and operating 3, 4 and 7 night cruises on the Murray River from Mannum, 87 kilometres from Adelaide, this stunning vessel attracts guests from all over Australia and the world.
About the Role
The permanent full-time position of Mate - First Officer is a crucial component of the Murray Princess Operation. A primary function of the role is guest service, and to ensure the safe and secure operations and navigation of the P.S Murray Princess as directed by the Captain. This will include working as part of a team, whilst maintaining excellence in safety and reliability at all times.
The Mate - First Officer is responsible for the vessels deck maintenance and the ships husbandry, ensuring these are compliant with Standard Operating Procedures. The Mate - First Officer will oversee the deck crew work practices, maintain standards and performance, and further assist crew with training and development.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with a high level of organization are essential to this role. It is also a requirement to have a suitable level of fitness to cope with any of the physical demands of any onboard duty pertaining to decks, navigation and tender boat operation and to lead by example. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also required.
This role requires leadership, energy, commitment, initiative, teamwork, and multi-skilling and time management.
The roster rotation for this position is 14 days on / 14 days off.
All meals and accommodation on board the Murray Princess when rostered on duty are included. Transport from Adelaide CBD to Mannum is provided if required.
- Proven strong leadership skills and people management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation and planning abilities
- Ability to perform autonomously and effectively delegate tasks
- Vessel handling experience
- Customer service experience
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Proven reporting and accountability
- Be flexible to take on extra shifts if required and available to work up to 15 days on board
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in the Transport Industry
- Master 5 Certificate of Competency
- Senior First Aid
- Elements of Shipboard Safety
- Drivers Licence
- Certificate in Frontline Management
- Confined Space Qualification
- Experience in the Tourism Industry
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience in liaising with suppliers and contractors
- Excellent navigational and boat handling skills
- Knowledge of SA Occupational Health and Safety Requirements
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm Friday 28 January 2022
SeaLink Marine and Tourism is part of the Kelsian Group - Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
Kelsian Group Limited is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. To find out more about the Kelsian Group visit www.kelsian.com