Sealink K'gari - Kingfisher Bay Resort
Permanent Full-Time - $65,000 per annum
Join an award-winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
Training and Development opportunities provided
About the Role
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, the Night Audit Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth & seamless flow of Front Office throughout the Night.
- Free Island Tours (conditions apply)
- 25% off in all outlets (conditions apply)
- Discounts for Hotel stays (conditions apply)
- Access to Employee Training Programs
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Travel Discounts
- Employee Award Programs
- Monthly One-On-One’s with your Department Manager
- Monthly departmental Buzz Nights! A great way to celebrate our achievements and get to know your Department team members on a social level
- Various team member benefits through the Accor and SeaLink brands (conditions apply)
- Various yearly team member recognition programs, designed to recognise team members exceptional performance and achievements in the workplace
A few live on island perks for team members…
- $100 per fortnight living expenses (including 3 meals per day)
- Free 24 hour staff gym facilities
- Free walk on Ferry transfers to and from the island for all team members.
- Access to the Resort pool all year round
Key Role Responsibilities
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of the Night Audit Checklist including cash auditing, ensuring revenue is posted correctly, accurately identifying & correcting discrepancies, maintaining the security of resort property throughout the night as well as updating & distributing daily reports to managers.
- Reporting cashier discrepancies to Rooms Division Manager and other relevant Head of Department managers.
- Provide Guest services including check ins, check outs and managing any guest enquires.
- Responding to guest requests and providing assistance where required.
- Coordination of reception communications in any emergency situation.
- Complete effective handovers with the morning Duty Manager
- Comply with all WH&S policy and procedures as specified by Kingfisher Bay Resort and legislation.
- Attend all Team Meetings and training sessions
- Promote Kingfisher Bay Resort at every opportunity
- Complete projects and other tasks as directed by management of Kingfisher Bay Resort
- Actively support and demonstrate SeaLink’s company vision, C.O.M.P.A.S.S. values and strategic goals
- Great people skills and can do attitude
- Cultural diversity
- Extraordinary high level of customer service
- Customer and results focused
- Accurate and efficient
- Exceptional grooming and presentation
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Able to work unsupervised and make decisions within set guidelines
- Self-motivated & the ability to motivate colleagues & team members
- Able to negotiate, delegate and work under pressure
- Has a strong work ethic and leads others to achieve objectives
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrated experience working in Front Office operations including Front desk, Porters, Reception/Cashiering procedures & Reservations
- Previous experience in a Supervisory or management role in Night Audit or Front Office
- An understanding of accounting fundamentals and strong numeric skills
- Demonstrated experience in a larger hotel or resort based environment
- Knowledge of property management systems and financial accounting systems
- Proficient in using hotel booking software
- Open QLD manual driver’s license
“All final applicants for this position will be required to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position, as each application will be considered on its merits.”
How to Apply
Click APPLY complete the requested details including a cover letter and your resume.
Applications close by 5pm on 20 May 2022
Please note this closing date is indicative only. We may close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.
K'gari - Fraser Island … A World Heritage listed island off Australia’s Eastern Queensland coast, is the world’s largest sand island, stretching over 120km. With cool towering rainforests to walk through and explore, over 100 freshwater lakes to swim in, including the iconic Lake McKenzie and Lake Wabby, and an amazing beach highway, where else would you rather be.
Living and working in paradise… we can’t think of anything better!
Though surrounded by untamed wilderness and rugged terrain, K'gari boasts luxurious, relaxing and natural accommodation experiences.