RiverCity Ferries - a subsidiary of SeaLink Travel Group
Award winning transport company
RiverCity Ferries is looking for bright and energetic individuals with a strong work ethic and an enthusiastic attitude to join our team.
RiverCity Ferries is a subsidiary of SeaLink Travel Group, Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations. Carrying more than 206 million passengers a year in different locations around the world, our Group has over 8,900 employees operating more than 3,500 buses and 117 ferries in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory, Western Australia, London and Singapore.
RiverCity Ferries has recently been awarded the contract to operate and maintain the Brisbane City Council’s Ferry fleet and associated infrastructure on the Brisbane River. The network is over 20km long operating 30 vessels and associated terminals, including a maintenance and operations facility at Rivergate. The network moves in excess of 5 million passengers a year.
We are seeking someone to work as a member of the Maintenance team, contributing to a positive team environment. Work as directed by Maintenance Supervisor, Superintendent or Asset Manager to maintain the standards of the fleet applied under the contract by the client.
The position will be an active/physical role with duties including but not limited to:
▪ Cleaning internal vessel voids / external hull.
▪ Basic repairs to outfit.
▪ Complete tasks assigned on the basis of priority.
▪ Complete Work Orders and ensure timely sign off / close off for completed work along with relevant feedback information as required.
▪ Provide daily feedback and reports to Supervisor on progress and work completed against schedule and reasons for variance, recording delays and recommending action to eliminate future delays.
▪ Commitment to Zero Harm safety philosophy.
▪ Ensure work is performed in accordance with safety requirements.
▪ Maintain a safe working environment.
▪ Contribute to own personal well-being and the well-being of co-workers.
▪ Demonstrate active involvement in Toolbox Meetings and pre-start meetings.
▪ Demonstrate commitment to teamwork.
▪ Develop and maintain positive work relationships within the team.
▪ Contribute ideas for continuous improvement and assist in the development of job procedures as required.
▪ Contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the maintenance team, including maintaining punctuality.
▪ Conduct work on projects as required. • Work with the storemen to maintain stock levels as required for projects, defect repairs and planned maintenance including stocktakes.
▪ Complete jobs in order to achieve the contract KPIs.
▪ Clean the work area each workday.
▪ Report on and sign off work completed as required.
▪ Complete tasks as assigned by Supervisor, Superintendent or Asset Manager.
The successful applicant must possess the following:
▪ A current C class driving licence or equivalent.
It is desirable the successful applicant possess the following:
▪ Ability to develop Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments on assigned jobs.
▪ Current First Aid with CPR.
▪ Forklift Licence.
▪ Gantry overhead crane.
▪ High Risk Work (Confined Space/ Working at heights) licence is highly desirable.
About the Role
Based in Brisbane and reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, RiverCity Ferries, this role will work collaboratively in maintaining Brisbane City Council’s vessel fleet.
If this sounds like your dream job, we encourage you to apply!
We would love to see your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Seeking expressions of interest.
RiverCity Ferries is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.