About RiverCity Ferries
RiverCity Ferries is the proud operator of the iconic CityCats, CityHopper and Cross River Ferry networks on behalf of the Brisbane City Council. RiverCity Ferries operates and maintains the Brisbane City Councils Ferry fleet, and associated infrastructure on the Brisbane River.
The network is over 20km long operating 30 vessels and associated terminals, including a maintenance and operations facility at Rivergate. The network moves in excess of 5 million passengers a year. RiverCity Ferries is part of Kelsian Group Limited, Australia’s largest integrated land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations in London and Singapore.
With around 9000 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers with where they need to be and want to go.
About the Role
Based in Brisbane and reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, this role will provide day to day support to the maintenance team, a key part of your role will be completing paint repairs on terminals and vessels.
We are seeking someone to work as a member of the Maintenance Paint team, contributing to a positive team environment. Work as directed by Maintenance Supervisor, Superintendent or Asset Manager to maintain the standards of the fleet applied under the contract by the client.
About the Position.
It will be an active/physical role with duties including but not limited to:
- Paint repairs on terminals and vessels to comply with the client’s contract standards.
- Complete Work Orders and ensure timely sign off / close off for completed work along with relevant feedback information as required.
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with safety requirements.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Develop and maintain positive work relationships within the team.
- Conduct work on projects as required.
- Complete jobs in order to achieve the contract KPIs.
- Clean the work area each workday.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by Supervisor..
The successful applicant must possess the following:
- A current C class driving licence or equivalent.
- Right to Work in Australia (without sponsorship)
- Demonstrated active involvement in Toolbox Meetings and pre-start meetings.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork.
- Commitment to Zero Harm safety philosophy
It is desirable the successful applicant possess the following:
- Ability to develop Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments on assigned jobs.
- Current First Aid with CPR.
- Forklift Licence.
- High Risk Work (Confined Space/ Working at heights) licence is highly desirable.
We would love to see your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Please fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application and pay close attention to the questions.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 17 December 2021.
We aim to provide meaningful and sustainable employment opportunities that are free from barriers, support and celebrate the diverse talents of our team members, improve awareness of the value of diversity and inclusion across our organisation, and enable our leaders to champion diversity and inclusion.