Do you have a background in the tourism/ transport industry?
Do you hold a Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 MC (MED2) qualification or higher?
Looking for an exciting new work environment?
We encourage you to apply!
Kelsian Group, formerly SeaLink Travel Group, is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism, and public transport service provider with established international operations in Singapore and the UK.
With around 9000 employees, we are one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses operating around 4000 buses, 120 ferries, and 24 light rail vehicles, carrying over 207 million customers per year.
Based in Darwin and operating across various locations in the Top End, with over 35 staff, SeaLink NT is a fast-growing business and a prominent ferry and tour operator in the region, operating daily 13 daily ferry services to Mandorah, 3 ferry services a week to the Tiwi Islands and daily ferry and bus services in the Groote Eylandt region.
About the Role
The MED role plays a pivotal role in the day-to-day safe and efficient operation of our vessels. This role is responsible for all mechanical and electrical equipment, as well as pre-starts, shutdowns, handovers, and daily maintenance. Clear communication, physical fitness, and the ability to follow instructions and safety guidelines are paramount in this role.
Working in close conjunction with all crew, duties will include:
- The Re-fueling of the vessel in a safe manner
- Assist Master in conducting safety drills
- Daily checks and maintenance
- Complete daily Engineering log and report defects
- Assist with the safe, efficient, and timely boarding and disembarkation of all passengers.
- Assist with cleaning duties at the end of the shift
- Able to perform under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to relate to passengers from a variety of backgrounds, and provide assistance
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Strong work ethics and 'Can Do' Attitude
- Able to work flexible hours
- Be well presented at all times
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 NC qualification or higher
- Master V qualification is desirable
- Solid mechanical background with Yanmar engine experience desired
- Knowledge of safety and maritime obligations
- Senior First Aid and Resuscitation Qualification
- Drivers Licence
- Ochre card
- Proven track record of excellent customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience in the tourism industry well regarded
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5 pm on 2 October 2022
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.